Monarch is a woman-owned company based in Glen Rock, New Jersey. We embrace a flexible, hybrid, 35-hour-a-week work schedule. We are agile, responsive, personal, and hands-on. We believe in building meaningful relationships with each other and with our clients through clear, practical, and frequent communication. We’re solutions-oriented, with a shared passion for doing what we say and saying what we do. We’re also committed to fostering inclusive and respectful work environments with no exceptions.
About the Job
Monarch is looking for a fully hands-on, self-starting, highly administrative, tactical, and/or transactional HR Consultant to join our team. Our Consultants help our clients scale systems and processes as they enter their next growth phase. You will be responsible for providing full administrative HR support and performing various payroll functions, involving entering and validating data, processing documents and transactions, and providing customer service as needed. This role will work within multiple work streams for the client, including developing and implementing policies, processes, and programs that create an efficient and conflict-free workplace. You will leverage your ability to influence, impact, and provide HR guidance to assigned clients. The ideal candidate has profound attention to detail and in-depth previous Payroll and Benefits experience. Please note this is a hybrid role so you must be able to commute to our Glen Rock, NJ office each week.
The HR Consultant will support Monarch’s clients through various HR disciplines, including:
- Full lifecycle recruiting, including new hire onboarding
- Job description writing/editing
- Employee coaching
- Benefits administration and employee inquires
- Processing HRIS changes
- Monthly reporting and analytics
- Compliance with labor regulations
- Experience with compensation strategy, philosophy, and structure a plus
- Additional transactional HR tasks, as needed
This position will also provide Payroll support for clients:
- Timely, accurate, and compliant payroll processing for clients
- Process employee data for new hires, changes, additional earnings, etc.
- Process employee Time & Attendance data to payroll and reconcile variances; approve and release time in the time system
- Responds to employee questions and complaints regarding payroll and deductions by researching payroll files and records
- Responsible for answering wage garnishment and tax levy paperwork accurately and by deadlines
- Conducts regular reviews to ensure payroll records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and local policy
- Generate various recurring and special reports
- 5+ years experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, or HR Manager with proven expertise in Payroll administration
- Previous experience in a Consultant-type role preferred
- HR Certification a plus; FPC or CPP payroll certifications preferred
- ADP, Workday, Paychex, and UKG experience a plus
- Experience using Slack, Applicant Tracking Systems, and cloud-based onboarding platforms are big pluses!
- Experience with and enjoyment of solving a variety of HR/payroll problems
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand our clients’ needs
- Highly detail-oriented and intensely well-organized
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable over-communicating both internally and externally
- Ability to context-switch quickly and reprioritize work without guidance
- Empathetic with a high EQ
- Passionate about DEI&B
- Thrives in a virtual environment for both clients and the Monarch team
- Have a dedicated, private, and quiet workspace with excellent Wi-Fi
The Good Stuff
- Full-time is a 35-hour workweek (no, really!)
- Unlimited paid vacation time
Monarch does not seek salary history information from applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Pay: $60k – $70k per year
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.